Throughout my life, I held this very deep belief that I was never good enough. This belief has held me back from a lot of things I would have liked to do or achieve. For example, I never played any team sports in fear of being not good enough. I didn’t want to let down my fellow team members, so I just wouldn’t play. To this day, I still don’t take part in any team sports. Sadly because this belief still holds me back.
Over the past few years, I’ve become a firm believer in affirmations. By using affirmations, I put a positive message out to the universe and trust that what I ask, I shall receive. One affirmation that I started to use was “I am good enough”.
The affirmation itself required some truth behind it for it to work. So I had to start thinking of reasons WHY I WAS good enough. The 10 reasons that I came up with are pretty relatable, so I figured, why not share….
- Being good enough at something entails practicing it. So get practicing and you’ll be sure to get good, probably even awesome!
- You are stronger than you think you are. If you really want to do something, then do it.
- You are smarter than you think you are. If you really want to try something, then try it.
- Failures are lessons. The more you fail, the more you learn. The more you learn, the better you become. Failing lots = becoming good enough (or even awesome!)
- No one really knows what they are doing in the beginning, start now and you’ll be great!
- Growth comes from trying (and failing – see point #4).
- Confidence comes from experience. So get out there and start now!
- Passion comes from your gut instinct. If it feels right then go for it!
- If you weren’t good enough, you wouldn’t have gotten this far already.
- Because everyone else is telling you that you are good enough ~ so start BELIEVING it!
Anytime I doubt myself, I say my affirmation and think of all the reasons I am good enough. This boosts my confidence and creates positive results. For example, I do a good job of something at work, I get better grades in my courses, I achieve something that I thought I couldn’t do.
So start BELIEVING in yourself!